20 Jan 2013

Open pollinated seedlings.

Open pollinated seedling.
These are two of the seedlings which came from open pollinated seeds gathered in 2010, bloomed for the first time in 2012. You never know what you are going to get when auricula seeds are open pollinated, the results are very seldom worth naming, but can make an interesting addition to your collection as an oddity. Most of mine end up being planted out in my auricula borders.
I must admit I no longer sow very many open pollinated seeds but concentrate on doing specific crosses. In this way I can choose two parents that hopefully will give me the desired result I’m looking for. 

You can read more about ‘Raising Auriculas from seeds’ on Sweden’s Auricula Club.
/Ray
An odd result from open pollinated seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment